MEMBERSHIPS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Interested in joining Bakalar Flying Club? Contact us for more information about joining.
1969 Cessna 172K – N78548
The Cessna 172 is the most recognizable plane in the world. No aircraft has been produce in higher numbers and has flown as many pilots as a Cessna 172. Our members regularly use N78548 for primary and instrument flight training as well as cross country trips to destinations around the entire U.S.A. N78548 was the first plane purchase by Bakalar Flying Club in 2017 and has undergone several upgrades since, including a new transponder, WAAS GPS, and removal of the vacuum system.
- Garmin GNS430W Nav/Com/GPS
- Garmin G5 AI/PFD
- Garmin G5 HSI
- Lynx NGT-9000 ADS-B In/Out Transponder
- 180 hp Engine STC
- Useful Load Increase (nearly 1050lbs)
- Auxiliary Fuel Tanks (~6.5 hrs endurance)
- Last Major Engine Overhaul: September 2019
- Coming in Spring 2023:
- Garmin GFC-500 2-Axis Autopilot + Pitch Trim (Plane will qualify as Technically Advance Aircraft)
- Flight Stream 210
- PMA 450C Audio Panel
- Complete new interior
There are no special requirements to fly N78548, however a simple checkout is required prior to your first flight.
1963 Cessna 150C – N7953Z
Purchased Nov, 2022 – More info to come!
- Continental O-200 100 HP
- More to come!
There are no special requirements to fly N7953Z, however a simple checkout is required prior to your first flight.
Aircraft Acquisitions & Upgrades
We are constantly evaluating our aircraft and determining how to best meet the mission of our members. That typically involves keeping aircraft up to date with modern equipment, or upgrading planes all together.
- October 2017 – Completed the purchase of our 1st aircraft – N78548
- May 2018 – Completed the purchase of our 2nd plane – N6730W – Piper Cherokee 140
- April 2019 – Updated aircraft for 2020 compliance by installing the Lynx NGT-9000 transponder in each
- September 2019 – Completed the overhaul of N78548’s engine
- December 2020 – Sold N6730W and purchased N92913 – Cessna 182
- December 2020 – Upgraded N78548’s Garmin 430 Nav/Com/GPS to WAAS
- September 2021 – N92913 Engine Rebuild and New Propeller
- October 2021 – Installed Dual G5 Instruments in N78548
- March 2022 – N92913 Dual Garmin G5 + GFC-500 autopilot installation
- May 2022 – N92913 is sold
- November 2022 – Completed purchase of a Cessna 150 – N7953Z
- Spring 2023 – N78548 interior replacement & avionics upgrade (See section on N78548)